Primary Health Care Services: Urinary Tract Infection in Ada, Michigan
What is Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)?
A urinary tract infection (UTI) is an infection that occurs in any part of the urinary system, including the kidneys, bladder, ureters, and urethra. It is a common condition that affects millions of people worldwide, and it can cause discomfort and pain. UTIs are more prevalent in women, but men and children can also develop them. At Samaritan Health PC, we offer comprehensive primary health care services for UTI diagnosis and treatment in Ada, Michigan.
Common Symptoms of UTI
A urinary tract infection can present with various symptoms, depending on the affected area. Common symptoms may include:
- Pain or a burning sensation during urination
- Urgency to urinate frequently, often with only small amounts of urine
- Cloudy or strong-smelling urine
- Lower abdominal pain or discomfort
- Feeling tired or shaky
- Fever, if the infection spreads to the kidneys
Getting Diagnosed at Samaritan Health PC
If you suspect you have a urinary tract infection, it is essential to seek professional medical help. At Samaritan Health PC, our experienced family care physicians in Ada, Michigan, are skilled in diagnosing and treating UTIs. During your visit, we will perform a thorough examination and may request a urine sample to test for the presence of bacteria. Our prompt and accurate diagnosis will help determine the most effective treatment plan for you.
Once diagnosed with a urinary tract infection, our primary health care team at Samaritan Health PC will discuss appropriate treatment options tailored to your specific condition. Common treatment approaches may include:
- Antibiotics: Prescription medications are commonly used to treat UTIs by killing the bacteria causing the infection. It is crucial to complete the full course of antibiotics as prescribed.
- Increased fluid intake: Drinking plenty of water and fluids helps flush out bacteria from the urinary tract.
- Pain relievers: Over-the-counter pain relievers may be recommended to alleviate discomfort and reduce fever. However, consult with our medical professionals before taking any medications.
Our team of dedicated primary health care providers at Samaritan Health PC in Ada, Michigan, will closely monitor your progress and make any necessary adjustments to your treatment plan. We prioritize your well-being and strive to provide effective and personalized care for UTIs and other medical conditions.
While UTIs can be bothersome and uncomfortable, there are steps you can take to reduce your risk of developing them. Here are some helpful prevention tips:
- Drink plenty of fluids, particularly water, to help flush out bacteria.
- Urinate frequently and fully empty your bladder.
- Wipe from front to back after using the toilet to prevent the spread of bacteria.
- Practice good hygiene and wash the genital area regularly.
- Avoid using harsh soaps or douches in the genital area, as they can irritate the urinary tract.
- Empty your bladder before and after engaging in sexual activity.
If you experience recurrent UTIs or have any concerns about your urinary health, our primary health care providers at Samaritan Health PC are here to assist you. We offer comprehensive family care services in Ada, Michigan, to promote your overall well-being.
If you would like to schedule an appointment or learn more about our primary health care services, please visit our Family Care Practice page on our website.